Senior Java/Node.js Backend Developer
MEDIALAAN - New Media manages the websites, mobile applications and underlying infrastructure of several brands, such as VTM, Q2, VITAYA, ... . In the world of internet, with rapid evolutions of websites, online video, interactivity and new devices and platforms, ... , MEDIALAAN is a challenging place to work. Building and maintaining complex internet environments, applications and sites for a top media company, is a beautiful assignment that demands the commitment and passion of all employees.
To strengthen our 'New Media'-team, we are looking for an experienced developer with knowledge of Node.js who wants to grow within MEDIALAAN.
- You build and implement a next-generation video backend platform using micro services developed in Node.js, connecting different underlying components and applications.
- You strive for high quality coding and maximize the unit tested coverage to deliver solutions that are defect free.
- You validate business requirements and define the system design, in close collaboration with our solution architects.
- You provide support to analyze, solve and follow-up on complex technical incidents.
- You maintain contact with internal clients about the right scope of different technical needs and provide clear communication and solutions.
- You automate and streamline existing development processes, procedures, and toolsets and you provide the necessary documentation.
- As scrum master, you ensure that the team work is well organized and the flow of work through the team is continuously improved.
- You have a higher education, Bachelor/Master of Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- You have 6-7 years of professional experience as a developer in an OO environment, using a variety of the following technologies:
o Java: J2EE, Spring, Hibernate,…
o Web Services: REST, SOAP
o Test frameworks & code quality: Junit, Mockito, istanbul, mocha, chai, eslint,…
o Application Design: MVC, Service Oriented Architectures (RESTful web services, Micro services, Message bus, etc.)
o Database technologies: SQL (MySQL or alike), NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis or alike)
- Knowledge of Node.js in particular is a definite plus.
- Knowledge of cloud computing or resourcing (such as Docker, Amazon Web Services, Firebase) is a plus.
- Working Unix experience.
- Proven track record in developing high quality, performant, and maintainable applications
- Solid understanding of version control systems such as Git and Subversion.
- Experience with continuous integration and build process automation (Jenkins, Bamboo,…)
- Experience with gathering and documenting technical requirements and specifications.
- Experience using different development methodologies including Scrum, and/or Agile, and test-driven development.
- Disciplined approach to software engineering best practices (e.g. linting, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, quality assurance).
- The following elements describe you: stress-proof, leader, organizational talent, analytical, flexible, sense of responsibility, accurate and structured work.
- Passion for applications and innovations in online media are your major asset.
- You’re fluent in English, Dutch is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary supplemented with a number of extralegal benefits such as a car, meal checks, group insurance, etc ...
At least equally important, if not more important, you get the opportunity to grow in an exciting and motivating work environment.