Junior Java/Node.js Backend Developer
MEDIALAAN - New Media manages the websites, mobile applications and underlying infrastructure of several brands, such as VTM, Q2, VITAYA, ... . In the world of internet, with rapid evolutions of websites, online video, interactivity and new devices and platforms, ... , MEDIALAAN is a challenging place to work. Building and maintaining complex internet environments, applications and sites for a top media company, is a beautiful assignment that demands the commitment and passion of all employees.
To strengthen our 'New Media'-team, we are looking for a junior developer with knowledge of Java and preferably Node.js who wants to grow within MEDIALAAN.
- You build and implement a next-generation video backend platform using micro services developed in Node.js, connecting different underlying components and applications.
- You strive for high quality coding and maximize the unit tested coverage to deliver solutions that are defect free.
- You critically asses business requirements and system design and suggest possible implementation solutions.
- You have a higher education, Bachelor/Master of Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- OO developmental experience is a must.
- Knowledge of Node.js in particular is a definite plus.
- Experience of working in an Agile software delivery environment is a plus.
- You have at least 2 years of professional experience as a developer.
- The following elements describe you: problem solver, quality-driven, communicative, flexible, sense of responsibility, accurate and structured work.
- Passion for applications and innovations in online media are your major asset.
- You’re fluent in English, Dutch is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary supplemented with a number of extralegal benefits such as a car, meal checks, group insurance, etc ...
At least equally important, if not more important, you get the opportunity to grow in an exciting and motivating work environment.